Thread: "Big Mystery"
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2014   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Cold and dry here in AB stored in a metal watchmakers case from Lee Valley. you know those little metal clear lidded containers designed for tiny watch parts nested in a metal case. pretty much bullet proof way to store seeds. I have way to many for that case now but my oldest seeds are in there and those I've tried still seem to germinate.

I have newer seed but I wanted to regrow the original if I could get it to germinate and it did.
KO
Karen you posted just before I was going to post and here's what I was going to say .

It bothers me a lot when some folks ask for seeds in a thread, and here's why.

First, only those posting in a thread know about a new variety which is not fair to all the other TVille members who might want seeds as well;

Second, you shouldn't expect Karen to copy down user names and then PM each of you telling you seeds are ready.

I quit listing the varieties to be grown out for my annual seed offer just b'c of this issue and I know a few others do the same.

If and when a person, such as Karen, have seeds to share, they start a thread in one of the seed exchange Forums and make that offer to ALL.

Above you saw I referred to Tam and her new variety she gave me a few seeds of, not hers, but seeds that were sent to her, She asked me if she should start a thread about the new variety and I advised her not to do so b'c I knew what would happen and she didn't have any seeds to share anyway.

When and if Karen has seeds to share I'm sure she will offer them in the seed exchange to all.

Karen, would you agree with me?

Carolyn, who BTW would appreciate a few seeds for seed production for her annual seed offer.