View Single Post
Old February 24, 2012   #6
chiefbeaz
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
Ouch- I feel your pain, chiefbeaz. If any of the tomatoes were still in clumps, I'd have been tempted to rescue some of them and sort them out later if possible according to leaf type, growth habit, fruit shape, size and color, but I'm not growing for sale. It seems a shame to lose the seeds that can't be replaced. Think there was a thread here about the dangers of those mini greenhouses not long ago but it would be hard to attach it to a deck.

The good news is that they were only an inch high so replanting won't set you back too much- the timing of your trip is good because it helps not to think about the loss, but replanting what you can before you go might make you feel better while you're gone- just a thought.

Let me know if there are seeds I might be able to send-

kath
I was hoping this morning that some of the plant's would be in clumps, and I could sort them out, but that didn't happen .I have 800 tiny seedlings scattered
around every where. I have gathered as many as I can and will try to transplant them all together and maybe give them away to people who would like to try them. I grow about 200 plants a year just for the fun of it and what I don't use I give away. I am a popular man in the summer down here.
chiefbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote