View Single Post
Old November 17, 2016   #22
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Default Coyote i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Find yourself a couple of those 250-300 gallon plastic tanks and catch rainwater. If the well looks like it's getting low, you can save your garden by watering individual plants (at least some of them). I start filling mine up in mid spring as long as I don't expect a really extended hard freeze.

I usually have my garden cut and burned and tilled by this time of the year, but we're in a burn ban till further notice. Today, we were able to clear our lungs of the smoke for a few hours.

I had 7 coyotes in my back yard last night. Two didn't survive the meeting. They've begun to run in packs so that they can take down bigger game - including cattle. I wish I had a scope with Infra Red capability. They took down a cow that was calving and killed and ate both (back at the back end of the pasture). Now we have the whole herd in the pasture just behind the house. Now, it's a 24/7 job of guarding the herd. My "pet" groundhogs are all MIA's as of this afternoon.
I was visiting my best bud in Nebraska few years back. I was using his 22 auto and he had shotgun. He called called in bunch of coyotes with crying rabbit sound . They came over the hill and we unloaded on em. Didn't part a hair. Never saw him so mad!
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote