Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2013   #39
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
Marsha, I'm new to using any copper spray and I started out with the weaker solution and it did nothing to slow down the Gray Mold outbreak so I went much stronger yesterday morning. I really haven't checked to see if it did any damage and it rained again today so it may be a moot point. I was really hoping it would work better than Daconil which has proven to be ineffective for me even when applied every week and after every rain. I guess I'll just have to count on the stronger mix of the bleach solution because it will definitely kill the Gray Mold but it doesn't do much to stop it coming back if I get a little rain. I was really hoping the copper spray would be more long term than it is proving to be.

Bill
Bill, it worked on my plants, but we are dryer here in the winter than we are in he humid summer, but our time to garden is fall and winter, and about half of spring. Can't be done in the rainy season, overnight temps don't get below 78* so no fruit will set. I find that I have to apply the copper spray about every 4-5 days when the season gets going. It's water soluble so I guess rain, morning dew will dilute it. Very sorry if I mislead you that it lasts a long time. I do find it very effective for most all my fungal foliage diseases, way better than Daconil on Septoria, which I had lots of this season just past. It seems like Fusarium doesn't affect me here much.
This fall I want to try your beach mix.

Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote