View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011   #72
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

This Shellenback guy poses on internet fora as an expert to promote his products, while the questions to him have all the characteristics of a shill. He works alongside someone called Kathy Crowley. Both of them recommend Atomic Grow in response to almost every problem. Kathy Crowley works at Crowley Nursery which "is the exclusive distributor of this groundbreaking product." (Atomic Grow). She does not reveal this financial interest in her responses on internet fora.

Look at this volunteer experts site - allexperts.com. There are 551 recommendations to use Atomic Grow, almost all of them from Kathy, a relentless promoter masquerading as a neutral expert. Shellenback has done the same thing.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Plant-Dis...5/red-acer.htm
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Plant-Dis...5/index_58.htm

Kathy even suggests that all other products are "poison":

"Hi Ginger, you could use a product called Atomic Grow that is organic that will make you palms and all your plants healthy so you do not have the problem again. It will clean off the leaves and make them look shiny and beautiful, work it way into the palm or plant and raise the brix which is sugar content, the more sugar the healthier the plant and bugs go elsewhere. It will even make them healthy so the leaves do not turn black. And the best it is organic and made from food. Or else you would have to get a product that would be poison which I know nothing about only that in the long run it can hurt you and the environment as well. kathy"
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Plant-Dis...e-w-sticky.htm

If you go to the atomicgrow.com site, you will find not one but two glowing testimonials from Kathy to Jim. http://www.atomicgrow.info/Testimonials.html. Now, Jim writes on his site: "All content including, without limitation, text, images, media files, videos, software, and source code is subject to copyright protection and may not be used except with the written permission." Relying on the "fair use" limitation and exception to the exclusive rights granted by copyright law to critical reviews (Jim, you might check with your lawyer if this confuses you), I will reproduce here what Kathy writes on the site:

Hey Jim,
Guess you are waiting for a report on my plants. Everything in the greenhouses and outside we sprayed before the long frost. Today Jan 11 I go into my greenhouses and see the hummingbirds zipping from one flower to another sipping nectar. It smells so beautiful with all the flowers still in bloom. Out side that which we sprayed and threw a frost cloth over, as I peek in, I see some top leaf damage where the cloth laid on it for 4 days but under that layer happy peppers are growing. Many plants have lost their leaves but the stems are green and the leaves will come back. The only plants that it did not help were the thin leaf tropicals that always freeze and that I do not protect anyway because they come back. So I have to say Thank you Atomic Grow .... Kathy and the hummingbirds and also had a few butterflies flying around.

Kathy Crowley

Crowley Nursery & Botanical Gardens, Inc.
Sarasota, FL.

Jim, I had a landscaper from Boca Grande, FL. call today and said you know why I am calling right? I said NO? She said “Atomic Grow is fantastic, in one day I noticed a difference and I am sending a customer of mine up to get me more”. They came, and the lady said she walked out of her house the next day and could not believe the difference. So she bought some for herself. The landscaper and news will be getting around down there for sure....She said she had noticed to by keeping the leaves clean it helped the plant survive much better and now with Atomic Grow just step back . . .
Kathy Crowley
Crowley Nursery & Botanical Gardens, Inc.
Sarasota, FL.

Please note that Ms. Crowley is not identified as a distributor of the product. This whole thing is just a poorly organized product promotion in which these two misrepresent their financial interests in hopes of deluding the innocent. This is completely my opinion, and I take full responsibility for it, Mr. Shellenback. Bring it on, son.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote