View Single Post
Old June 30, 2017   #37
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

I've got it now. These bags are actually perfect. I watched some videos of people using nylons and cutting them down one side then placing them around the watermelon and tying them to the trellis.

Well, I thought if I take a long piece of mesh tubing (like these bags) and cut it down one side I can make it longer. So, I did just that and went out and placed it under the watermelon and surrounded it in mesh. Then I tied the mesh to the trellis at the top.

But now it came to me that the clips that come with the bags are perfect for this scenario. I can put a clip on both ends of the mesh bag without cutting the bag down the side. This gives me double strength to hammock with and a tie on each end that I can attach to the trellis with cable ties. This end with the clip is well supported and shouldn't tear like the bags have been.

Now then, I can criss cross another bag under the melon and tie it off with more cable ties. Perfect, melon will have enough support and I can remove the cable ties as needed because they are releasable, and I can reuse everything until something breaks down.

Does any of that make sense?

Here is the link to the bags again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...hps_bw_c_x_2_w

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; June 30, 2017 at 10:32 PM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote