Thread: Fusarium ?
View Single Post
Old July 5, 2018   #8
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Not early blight, no lesions. Fusarium can get into a pot if it's drain holes touch native soil, but not if you are using a barrier. Looks like Fusarium, but the many rains tell me more likely a wind/rain borne pathogen.
Copper works great on EB, if you use it every 7-10 days, and after a heavy rain, as a preventive.
Copper does get into the internal of leaf cells, so it doesn't all wash out at all, always some stays with each leaf.
I think this is a rain carried fungus, but to be sure, see if the yellowing goes up only 1 side of the plant, also cut a stem lengthwise and look at the vascular tissue. Is it purple or brown? That is Fusarium, one sided yellowing and dark vascular tissue.
Thanks Marsha, good info on the copper. The pots on are the deck so no contact with soil. The yellowing isn't to a single side and all vascular tissue looks healthy. I'm also thinking some sort of fungal issue. I don't think it's overwatering since all other plants are in the same setup, get the same amount of water, etc. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote