View Single Post
Old August 6, 2017   #17
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Bower, I have been using the 20-8-8 Pro Mix, as I couldn't find the other one. It is expensive. It's been good, but my in ground plants really like it. Personally I like Miracle Gro 18-18-21 with micronutrients for the water soluble. It has magnesium in it which is hard to find as you know in the water soluble and my plants are mostly grown in Pro Mix. I am also a fan of the Pro Mix granular 9-3-6 slo release with micronutrients. It has worked well for me. It has calcium and magnesium as well. So I personally use both - alternately. When planting I use the granular to start, then sprinkle on half way through the season.
This year I also bought some Cal-Mag from a hydroponic store and so far no BER. Not sure if that made a difference or I was more conscientious of watering - although it has been a rainy summer so I haven't had to water much.
By the way, I didn't notice the warning on the Pro Mix container. Yikes. Well it certainly hasn't been too dry here. And today feels like a fall day.
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote