View Single Post
Old March 13, 2018   #11
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
Funny you would mention about having the Mkt at the College. We have a Mkt here on the Campus. I have spoke to the person who runs it, and looked at the Application. I really have no interest in it. It is micro-managed to the point of absurdity. For example, on the application you have to have an itemized list of EXACTLY the produce you are selling. If you bring something else, you are asked to remove the items.

That actually happened to my vendor friend. They brought in something? I think Summer Squash, and evidently they didnt take the application serious. The lady who runs it, was doing an "inspection" and whipped out their application, pointing out that no where did they indicate that they would bring Summer Squash. Needless to say, they simply packed up and went home

I guess you could just write down every vegetable and fruit that you can think of, to cover the bases.
I am almost positive that policy is illegal. It is similar to price-fixing as an illegal restraint upon trade. Telling you what you can charge is the same as telling you what you can sell. They have policies like that so they can make sure to not let in anyone who is competing with their current vendors by selling the same product. It is protectionist and anti-competitive. I think a judge would laugh at them for being so ridiculous, but no one is going to sue over some squash, so I guess it is a moot point.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote