View Single Post
Old January 6, 2018   #4
WaltRoos
Tomatovillian™

Default Resistant vs Tolerant and such

Thanks Carolyn,

I think my own definition of Resistant is what you are defining as Tolerant. I'm thinking that Resistant, to some folks then, must mean Immune. Which seems to be very unlikely with tomatoes.

Since most seed companies are using the term " Resistant " then we are stuck with that. But, perhaps we should have an agreed on set of standards for degree of Resistance. I see Bonnie Plants? is using the term "Super Resistant" and I sometimes see the term " Intermediate Resistant " . I think a scale of 1-10 would be helpful to those of us who care that much about such things.

OK I'm done with that I hope. But, probably not.

Nan,
Good Idea to grow out both my New Early Goliath and the Old Goliath tomato seeds. Perhaps two of each ?
2017 was the first year for TSWV in my garden, so I don't know how likely it is to return in 2018. I think it will return.
Of course I know the White Flies from hell will be back.

76 and still having growing pains,

walt

PS On the naming thing. I just don't have enough information about just how different those two seed types may be from each other, so I'll just go with Totally Tomatoes decision to keep the name Early Goliath. Except I'll add the word "New" to the name.

Last edited by WaltRoos; January 6, 2018 at 02:20 PM.
WaltRoos is offline   Reply With Quote