Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old June 8, 2018   #305
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrikT View Post
Bill,
Would your bleach spray help with bacterial leaf spot on peppers?
Thx
I have tried it with limited success. Leaf spot on peppers is almost impossible to stop from my experience. Once it gets started it seems like it can only be slowed down a little. I've tried copper spray, Daconil and the bleach spray along with removing any infected leaves but eventually it just keeps right on damaging the peppers. Last year was the second worst year for BLS on my peppers; but I was able to get a decent crop. This year I have a whole new batch of bell pepper seedlings to set out in the next week or so in hopes that I can have a good fall harvest. My bells that I set out this spring have just now started setting fruit. We had very cool nights up until a few weeks ago and I am guessing that hurt fruit set but you just never know with peppers. I just spread some wood ashes around the plants and watered it in to give them a boost of potash in hopes it will further boost production. I haven't seen any BLS on the plants yet and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be delayed in showing up this year long enough for me to get a decent harvest. I am keeping them sprayed with copper as it seems to prevent BLS more than the other things I have tried. I am also trying a lot of new varieties that have varying degrees of BLS tolerance to see if I can find one that resists that plague more than the varieties I have been growing. I am also growing all my old favorites so I can compare results. If I find a promising one I will post the results.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote