View Single Post
Old July 19, 2017   #100
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Robert, sorry to hear it didn't work out as expected. I hope you keep trying to get an herb garden started despite the rain. Its a never ending process to keep these plants going, but you will always have at least a few successes with the others being stubborn.

I planted a few terracotta pots of Bonnie Plants in early spring and some seed grown oregano and parsley and they have been doing great under cover on my stoop. In another thread I found out that I have spider mites and they took down 2 pineapple sage plants and I'm monitoring a columnar basil that has yellowing leaves.

I've been monitoring herb posts as last week I bought a bunch of plants on sale at a hardware store that was closing out the garden area for the summer. The prices ranged from ten cents to a dollar! Unfortunately for the business it was a bad year because of the cold then too hot weather and they have never had so much left over. Ive been researching what may overwinter in my climate and what needs potting up for winter indoors in a sunny window, I'll head over to the herbs section and post a list. Hope to see you there!

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote