View Single Post
Old March 10, 2013   #1
TheClaw
Tomatovillian™

Default Who, What, Where... Indecision 2013

I did not attend Tomatopalooza 10, mostly because of the location (Efland), and secondly because my plants gave out early.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to the best season ever in 2013. I have started two 50 cell flats, the first one in mid February and the second one yesterday. I expect 250 seedlings or more, which is way more that I can possibly use. I was reading that in another area of the country the local group has a Plant Swap. What a cool idea! I cannot possibly plant every variety although in the past I have tried. LOL

Here's a chance for us to meet earlier in the season, like early May, and compare notes, swap, sell cheap (50 cents?), or give away seedlings. Mine will likely be in 4 inch pots, the way Craig taught me five years ago. Depending on how many people in and around the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area are interested, I might even host a plant swap in my yard in Garner NC. Is anybody interested? We do not have to limit ourselves to tomato plants. My wife suggests that any vegetable plants could be traded, etc.

But back to the main topic, my sources are telling me that Craig, Lee, and Lori, are stepping away from organizing, hosting, or arranging this years Tomatopalooza. My hope is that others will step up and make it happen anyway. And that's why I am posting this morning.

Last edited by TheClaw; March 10, 2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: grammer and completeness
TheClaw is offline   Reply With Quote