View Single Post
Old January 19, 2017   #63
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by murihikukid View Post
Hi..I thought rhizosphere was some thing out in space and now i find out its my tomatoes root system ...its like learning a whole new language... Cheers Ron

Yep, I sure have learned a lot since I first joined this forum. I used to just put my store bought plants in the ground and let them grow.... Life was much easier back then, but I do think that I am having more fun now. I love learning and trying out new things.

Of the products offered on your rd2 link, the one that I would choose is the Mycormax. While I am not totally sure, I have heard that the Trichoderma bacteria sometimes grow faster than the mycorrhizae and then out compete them. I do use a product that contains both. The trichoderma are bacteria and the mycorrhizae are fungi. You would do best to promote the fungi. This product does seem to be on the pricey side. Maybe you could cut the bags open and sprinkle some of the powder on the roots while transplanting to make the product go further.

Here is a link to Fungi Perfect. It has a great explanation of how mycos work.

http://www.fungi.com/shop/fungi-for-...y-gardens.html

I'm glad to hear that the greenhouse is repairable. Wouldn't it be nice is you sold the house for a nice price?

Cheers ~ Patti