View Single Post
Old August 2, 2015   #12
FLRedHeart
Tomatovillian™

Just wanted to check in here and wish you all good luck. I feel out of place in a FL group as much as a northern one where everyone says "oh, but you're in Florida" :-), but I see a local is active here so that's very encouraging to me ... Hi Kay. The only other I remember as Strobe, so maybe he'll drop in too.

I'm also up here in the far north of the state which can't decide if it wants to be central FL or central Georgia, depending on how fast the Canadian air pushes south.

Last autumn I had a late start but grew all winter long. It wasn't easy and I won't repeat that two years in a row because it created all kinds of problems when I had my spring transplants ready, mostly related to the worst four-letter word I know: M-o-l-d. We had a terrible freeze the prior Nov 17 that should have put any sane tomatoes to RIP, but no I didn't throw in the towel. Hopefully we'll have a good run this year. I started mine July 13. too early, but also too late lol There is something magical to me about having big tomatoes hanging like globes still on Christmas Eve, if we get a lucky year!
cheers
FLRedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote