View Single Post
Old August 30, 2007   #9
obispo45
Tomatovillian™

I'm also a big fan of Utah. Attended college in Colorado, where needless to say there were plenty of awesome camping possibilities. Nothing against CO but I was just drawn to the Utah backcountry as well as its parks...National, State as well as lots of the BLM land. My favorite park unquestionably is Canyonlands N.P. Have pitched my tent there times too numerous to count. Also love Capitol Reef, Bryce, Zion, Arches and Calf Creek S.P....try finding that sucker on a map.

I don't camp nearly as much as I used to unfortunately. The kids are getting older so we will be getting bolder in our recreational choices in the near future. Nice pics BTW. I need to catch up w/technology. Virtually all my pretty camping and outdoor pics were prior to digital. Favorite Camping Spots?? Man, I miss Utah!!
*Great Sand Dunes National Park Colorado
*Maze and Needles districts of Canyonlands N.P. Utah
*Pt.Sal State Beach in central coast CA...no camping allowed back then so pulled stealth, tactical overnighter(s)
*Arches N.P. Utah, offseason w/light morning snow
*Calf Creek S.P Utah backcountry w/ lil' fossil collecting

Well THANKS a lot...another summer virtually gone w/ no camping...thanks for rubbing it in!! Good news is that we might visit some friends in N. California later this fall or early winter and check out some of the Redwoods.
obispo45 is offline   Reply With Quote