View Single Post
Old July 2, 2015   #71
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriehelene View Post
Bill, turns out I'm an idiot who can't read. It wasn't "ultra" I was using, but concentrated. So what do I use for regular Clorox concentrated? Can't find it on bottle.
Look at the label of ingredients and if it says it is 8.25 % sodium hypochlorite then that is the stronger or Ultra bleach. At that concentration it requires between 4.5 oz and 5.5 oz of bleach added to a gallon of water.

If the ingredients list sodium hypochlorite as 6 % then it takes between 6.5 oz to 7.5 oz to the gallon of water.

If the solution of bleach you buy is of an even lower concentration of sodium hypochlorite then you will have to adjust for that. If the bleach you buy doesn't list the amount then don't use it. I stay away from no name brands because I have had some bad experiences with them being far too strong or more often far too weak to trust. I always try starting with my lower recommendation when I open a new bottle because I have run across bottles that were stronger than the average and gotten some leaf burn when I shouldn't have. I never use a perfumed or scented formula either because I don't know what it would do to the plants.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote