View Single Post
Old November 16, 2007   #31
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Thanks for all the recipes so far!

Sue,
How nice that you can get it at the farmer's market! There are a lot of odd veggies at the one here, but not really when it comes to the kale family. It seems to always be the same old same old. Thanks for the tip that I can just freeze it without cooking for soup!

Keith,
I'm sorry to here yours didn't do well. I have seeds for the Red Russian, but I have not grow it yet. It has been a long time since I made vegetable soup. You can mess up vegetable soup though if you're young and dumb like I once was. I dumped uncooked little soup pasta like ditalini in and it of course swelled up and over took the soup.

Bitterwort,
I will probably make your colcannon with some of the potatoes from the 60 lb bag my husband got from a farmer! I'm obviously bringing potatoes to the Thanksgiving dinner.

Zana,
Don't worry about so many recipes! The more I have the better. I would of never thought to put it with ricotta salata for example. That Moosewood restaurant always has interesting recipes. I plan on going there if my travels ever take me to Ithaca.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote