View Single Post
Old July 30, 2016   #1411
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiishergurl View Post
Barb,

Why do you have the grow bag in the collander?

The pictures are very helpful.. .. :-)

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I have the colander in the grow bag so there is less wicking. I'm adding the colander now on all bottom watering.

I have the Walmart bag in the laundry basket so I can stake better (hard to believe - haha ) and better support.

Laundry basket and colanders both bought at Dollar Tree $1 each. Laundry baskets don't last more than a couple of seasons. However, the $.50 Walmart bag seems to last several years.

I ran out of Root Pouches when that was planted so it must have been January/February.

Going forward, I'm just staying with the root pouches since the Laundry basket doesn't last and looks like crap. Together they are the same price as a 3-4 year root pouch.

On the cheap, I've also taken the Toll House Cookie Dough Tubs and drill holes on the bottom and side and used these as the 'colander'. They last forever...

====
Cucumber update - picked #223 - 230 today. DH said plant 100 seeds and can stop world hunger.

Marsha - the Sweet Success plant has grown past the 4' cage. I can no longer tell which plant was the runt. Lots of tiny buds (future cucumbers) on them. I did not notice the last time I grew SS. I hope they hold off from flowering for 4 more weeks. Picture to follow in my Florida Gardening thread.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote