View Single Post
Old February 9, 2015   #62
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Ken... I don't get to much more time. Usually about 45 minutes to an hour at the max. I do have one that I can plug an extension cord into, but it a pain and if I'm not careful I have destroyed plants in my haste to suck up a bug and forgetting about the cord.

Lately I been using the little vacuums for electronic equipment. Takes a little longer to get after the bugs, but what is nice is that I can carry a couple of extra batteries in my pocket when the first ones die on me. I did find out the hard way, don't let the electronic vacuums stay outside. Guess mine got too much moisture from the excessive humidity down here and now I have to get me another one for this year. They really not that expensive and you carry them easily around with you and do more spot checking easier.

Lots easier to get around the plants too , to get at them without stepping on vines.

If I had a huge crop and major .. major problems. Than I think I would use a suggestion from another gardener. A wet vac. Only problem is with my luck, I probably would suck up the bugs and the plants too.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote