View Single Post
Old May 11, 2017   #18
Hunt-Grow-Cook
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Here's mine in alphabetical order:

21X-F2-1 This is one of DFollett's creations, grew in Fall - Excellent!!!, growing saved seed (F3) now but started seeds super late (March).

Brad's Atomic Grape - Tastes way better than it looks - Will definitely grow again. Mine do not get the reddish look shown on the pictures. Very prolific and not huge for a cherry plant.

Esterina - The BEST!!! Lives up to the hype.

Lizzano - Grew in Fall, determinate/semi-determinate so done, LOVED especially the small plant; tried growing saved seeds F2s but didn't match the F1s. Was far more determinate than the F1s. I didn't think it tasted as good either.

Maglia Rosa - Grew in fall, but determinate and done - plant pulled

Purple Bumble Bee - Haven't eaten too many; mine took a long time to ripen but seems very prolific. Excellent hang time on plant.

SunGold - Sowed in August; still going strong!

ETA: I forgot to add: Green Bee - this is the new release from Fred Hempel that has super long shelf life. Received the seeds super late in the season (March) but sacrificed a few seeds to try. Have one healthy plant with lots of flowers and small tomatoes.

----
Gardener - How do the F2 Esterina's compare to the F1s?
Not impressed with the looks of Brads Atomic? I'm surprised, any striping or antho? The reddish color for me only showed when really ripe, similar to lucky tiger. I agree, very prolific and small in stature compared to most cherries.
Hunt-Grow-Cook is offline   Reply With Quote