View Single Post
Old May 23, 2017   #48
00mimi00
Tomatovillian™

Hello,I'm envious of your early harvest. I was searching the forums for any tips on Marianna's Peace tomato because mine is over 6 feet tall in it's smart pot and yet I only have 3 fruits. Also have a whole lot of nubs that don't seem to be growing. I'm not sure what's happening since the weather has been good tomato weather for North Texas so far. I see your experience is similar. ANy changes to MP?

My other tomatoes

Cream Sausage - about 3 dozen still green a few going pale, ripening. These came in fast and early but look to be slowing down now
Creoles - 2 plants about 15 tomatoes each, all sizes a couple are at the one pound size it looks like
Lucid Gem- a dozen or so, their blue color is starting on their bottoms but still green and small
Snow White Cherry - many trusses with small fruit starting to come in
New Big Dwarf - one has nothing and one has 4 but I planted these two weeks later than the others
Genuwine (Brandywine x Genovese Costoluto - impulse purchase at the nursery when I told myself no more, but I got it anyway. Transplanted 3/26, I think I saw one fruit

Last year I planted right at the end of February and I had quite a few ripe tomatoes Memorial Day. This year all new varieties and I transplanted 3/12 and 3/26. I wish I planted earlier. I am impatient for tomatoes. I made the mistake of buying one heirloom at the Whole Foods. Of course, it was disappointing and had no taste. Looking at your harvest I know it's just a little more time.
00mimi00 is offline   Reply With Quote