View Single Post
Old February 16, 2018   #23
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

More seed sowing today. Between yesterday and today, I sowed 32 assorted flats. I used a combination of 72 cell plug trays, 1204 inserts, and 1801 inserts. Some shallow, some deep.

Using vermiculite right on top. Trying to get away from the humidity domes. I realized after this that I probably need to switch over to "mass sowing" in the 1801s. At this point, I wasnt sure where all these were going to go. Already had some flats under the lights that were sown a week or so ago.

Im seriously considering a germination chamber at this point.

Mass sowing. I guess no matter what, ya gotta transplant.

I sowed a combination of hybird and op tomatoes. Trying to grow out what I think most folks would purchase. Also, growing out what should do very well here in our Hot, Humid, Diseased area.

Kelloggs Breakfast, German Johnson, Beefsteak, Large Red Cherry, Rutgers, Homestead, Marglobe, Roma, Black Krim, Cherokee Purple, Aunt Rubys German Green, Prudens Purple, Mortgage Lifter (not sure which strain), Box Car Willie, Brandywine (once again not sure the strain).

Better Boy, Big Boy (cant say I have ever tried, might keep 1 or 2 for myself), Bush Steak, Plum Regal, La Roma, Big Beef.

As far as peppers. Just the usual stuff. Cal-Wonder, Jalapeno, Banana. Already sown Hot wax, Marconi, and Lunchbox.

Sewed Stars and Stripes Eggplant. Admitting this is mostly for production, but might offer some of the plants if I have really good germination.

Next up were the Herbs. Sweet Basil, Spicy Globe Basil, Dark Opal Basil, Cinnamon Basil, Lemon Basil, Mint, and Dill. Already have Oregano and Sage, but wouldnt mind a few more flats of those. I might have to buy a few from the Wholesaler.

And finally the Flowers. Dwarf Bedding Petunias, Strawberry Blonde Marigolds, Sunny Smile Sunflowers, and Thumbelina Zinnias. Already started some other Marigolds, Eskimo and French Vanilla. A very interesting flower called Stock, and.... something else that eludes me at the moment.

So, I have been busy. But did find some frost covers in my supplies that I forgot about.

These are rated for 6-8 degrees. Found these just in time, as the next 2 nights is supposed to get down to 39 or so.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote