View Single Post
Old April 28, 2016   #37
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
So.. I had this strikingly brilliant idea. Since im not a machinist, nor do I have direct access to anyone who is, there has to be a simpler shortcut to making a threaded adapter/nipple.

Last night, around 2 or 3 in the wee hours of the AM the lightbulb lit up.

Why not take a piece of PVC, heat it and then with a "screwing" action, force it into the threaded portion of the injector.

Seemed simple enough. I went to Lowes and bought a piece of 3/4 inch PVC and a 1 inch piece of PEX. I have PEX tools already.

I brought the injector into the kitchen, I have a gas range, along with a couple of cutoffs of each pipe. I heated the pipe over the open flame, then screwed the pipe down into the injector.

Does it work? Yes and no. The PEX did better then the PVC as far as thread formation goes. The problem is the tapered threads. Simply cant get the pipe far enough into the injector threads. I wrapped the pipe with teflon tape, I also added a couple of rubber washers.

It still leaked.

I also took the pipe to a disc sander and sanded a very gentle angle, then repeated the above.

It still leaked.

I still have another idea. Maybe just cut the shroud off that surrounds the threaded assembly, then slide a bushing over....

Don't get me wrong, I have it functioning with my previous setup.. but a cleaner way would be nicer.

So Worth, hows that thread cutter coming along?
Nothing yet did you try cutting off the bottle top like it did it works great.

I am in so mach pain right now I forgot who was posting.
For the last two days my lower back has been killing me for no reason at all that I know of.
It is a muscle strain.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote