View Single Post
Old June 27, 2007   #18
kelleyville
Tomatovillian™

Default Pumps and gray water too...

Wow thanks! That centrifugal one might be more affordable at present at least a viable alternative for the immediate future! Printing this infor to discuss with hubby!

I am at present wondering what I need to do with my laundry water to make it suitable for the vege garden. It is fine as is for the trees and shrubs and non edible perrenials, but I seem to recall my grandmother throwing dishwater in her garden and I would think that actually had more crud that was bad like oils than my laundry water.... We are buying fittings to connect the out water to a hose that I will run through the back of the house when doing laundry-guess there are worse things than a hose run through your house ...Thinking that I could pump it into 55 gallon barrels, then filter it through some kind of screen, through sand, and through charcoal, but would that be enough? Looked at the military spec tablets that are iodine based and wondering if that would hurt any particular vege, maters especially or if it is so minute it would not matter? I do want to be able to eat them not just look at them

Thanks again for those links!
Kelley
kelleyville is offline   Reply With Quote