View Single Post
Old October 27, 2012   #42
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal bend View Post
Rockporter do you think the 10-10-10 is better down here than the 7-7-7. After the the first flush of tomatoes are picked it seems that the plants seem to struggle to keep going. I thought maybe the 7-7-7 fert had played out. Also is the Dolomite you buy down here is the same as from EB. A lot cheaper to buy down here. Thanks Coastalbend

Hi coastal bend, yes I do think the 10-10-10 is better because it seems to last much longer than the EB ferts. I have 8 new EB's and I can tell the 7-7-7- is not as good as using the 10-10-10. I buy it at Lowe's in a green bag.

It is possible that the stress our plants are under in our weather is part of the cause. I think maybe the plants need to take up more nutrients to get through the hot and humid conditions they are under most of the time.

The dolomite lime I get from Tractor Supply is not the same as EB's. The EB one is a pulverized/powdered one and the Tractor Supply one is a pelletized lime. It is easier to work with in my opinion and doesn't blow around near as bad as the powdered stuff in our wind. It is definitely much cheaper than buying from EB.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote