Thread: Mat-Su Express
View Single Post
Old December 3, 2016   #12
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
Karen, in my near perfect environment I am getting the first ripe fruits from 102-108 days from seed, some are a week or so later, but I will fix that in the next few generations. I will grow a bunch this year, I have a lot of space to grow them. I also have some seed from outdoor plants to select for cold tolerance, but I have not put as much time into those, YET
I am meeting with Sherry Monday to discuss where we are going with this. She has several semi stable and stable crosses that she has been working on for many years, I think many people will really like them too. I will let you all know what we come up with. I can say this, there are some great genetics in the crosses, most will grow outside in AK, they taste great, some are superior tasting too.

Thank you for sharing this important (to us northerners) cross with us, Mark and Sherry. I am excited to try it in the future.

I am wondering if in a less than perfect growing environment (such as mine) are the results that Mark achieved dependent on continuous fertilizing and watering? I am sometimes remiss with regards to both. Is the earliness purely genetic, or could I get the same results with slightly neglected plants. I'm more of a plant it (with fertilizer) and let it be for a while due to my schedule. A small reduction in production is okay, but I hope the lack of continuous fertilization would not slow it down initially. Those first few tomatoes really stand out and get a lot of attention until they are ready!

Any pics?

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote