View Single Post
Old May 10, 2018   #6
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
Not directly related, just curious. Your Tunnel, are the hoops metal or pvc? Im considering building a dedicated shade house. Might just do Electrical Conduit with something like 8 foot spacing.
They are metal. 5’ apart.
Got it from farmer’s friend llc
I added the center purlin, windbrace, and wiggle wire channels upgrade kit.
The ropes did not keep the plastic from sliding down over to one side when wind came perpendicular to the length of the tunnel.
I am gonna use wiggle wire on the ends and on top of the bows about 1/3 of the way in from each end. I expect this to keep the cover from moving down to the side.
I most likely will take the plastic down the the ground and attach a baseboard from side to side and have some 2x4 studs too to attach the plastic to. Maybe do a door. Don’t really need one, Because you can just enter from anywhere along the sides.
Their tunnel kits are a great value and easy and quick to build. They say two hrs, which might really mean how long it takes to put the hoops and plastic/ropes on the rebar stakes once you’ve driven them in and assuming you’ve already built the hoops which are 3 pieces.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote