View Single Post
Old October 23, 2016   #6
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
I think micros are so cute. I like everything about them except, so far for me the taste has always been quite dissapointing. Bland or sour or both. To me, unless they taste good, they are just a cute novelty to look at like a houseplant . Any chance of a black micro? Maybe the flavour would be better?
KarenO
I expect to have at least one good one, hopefully more. I grew two F3's this summer that were black, multiflora and only reached 12" in height outside. They came from a cross with Margaret Curtain. Both were PL and had large-cherry sized black fruits. One was good tasting - the other was really good tasting. I'm growing the F4s now. (If you have a place to grow some this winter, I could send you some F4 seeds to see how they do for you.)

I don't have a good feel for their productivity because deer got all the early fruit of everything this year. However, they blossomed extremely heavily before the deer got them. I put an electric fence around the garden and was able to get later fruit from most, but I can't evaluate earliness or productivity for anything.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote