View Single Post
Old January 31, 2018   #25
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

So earlier Van posted a link to the Jacks Mum Feed, and clkeiper mentioned about using Jacks Petunia Feed.

I then remembered that I had a container of Petunia Feed. The small 1.5 pound containers. I opened it up and the inner pack was unopened. I guess I bought it and forgot about it.

I decided to mix a 1 gallon batch to see what the PPM is. Which is something I dont understand. Why do they not include that on the big package. They include the Nitrogen PPM, and how to mix by the gallon, and using an injector, but thats it.

What if you want to mix say a 55 gallon drum? Are you supposed to measure that out by the spoonful? Which incidentally if you use a tsp to a gallon, thats 1.14583 cups.

So I decided for the sake of curiosity, I wanted to know the total PPM.

My trusty Blue Lab Truncheon reported that 1 tsp to a gallon equaled 400-500 PPM, and 1 TBSP to a gallon of water equals 1000 PPM.

One of the problems I ran into, how to actually measure the fertilizer? Its semi moist in the package. Do you pack it like Brown Sugar? Or do you loose fill, like when you measure Flour?
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote