View Single Post
Old August 17, 2011   #58
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_willus_d View Post
Hi Kath,

Your experience exactly matches my own, having used the mill now twice. With hot material, larger chunks, full and uncored, small and chopped and everything in between. I don't see a solution. It seems the mill is somewhat chaotic. But I'm open to hearing what others have experienced. Perhaps the older models or older 250's were more user friendly.
-naysen
Naysen-

Sorry to hear that was your experience, too. I called customer service twice but neither person was any help. Chopping smaller seemed to help a bit; also not filling the hopper more than halfway and using the small end of the tamper. I just kept taking the screen out when it got too bad and cleaning it out with a brush, which seemed to help most of all.

I worked from late morning until 6 pm and all I did was puree the ripest of the tomatoes that I had and clean up the mess I made. Adding to my problem was the fact that the mill won't attach to anything in my kitchen but a rather wiggly table so when the turning gets tough, the table rocks so much that the juice sloshes out of the bowl onto the table and floor. Never even got to canning any of it today!Tomorrow I'll tackle the canning and hopefully get to the rest of the tomatoes that still need milling-probably another 40 lbs.

I was hoping I either had a lemon that I could exchange or that someone knew a trick that would make it run smoothly all the time...sigh.

Kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote