Thread: Fedco Seeds
View Single Post
Old November 19, 2017   #23
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I like Johnny's, too. My only problem as a market grower is that we all get that same catalog. If you do find a product that is a big hit with customers, the next year the other vendors will have ordered it, too.

My grandparents did a lot of business with Stokes and Harris over the years. I have had good fortune with flower seeds from Harris. Grandma says that Harris is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Morgan County Seed has a limited selection, and shipping gets slow in the spring when they are busy, but I have never seen anyone beat their prices. They are in rural Missouri and have a lot of Amish and Mennonite customers. They have a no-nonsense, 'tell it like it is' business approach. The catalog says you can buy things three ways in this world - good, fast, and cheap. But you can only get two out of the three at one time. They choose to not be fast and bluntly tell people to take their business elsewhere if they don't like that. In our modern age of slick glossy marketing, I appreciate their honesty.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote