View Single Post
Old April 2, 2016   #24
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Tormato:My climate here in the Philippines was something that did concern me,so I was glad to read the post by ilex stating that they (or certain varieties at least) might do well in my environment.Especially short day length or day neutral I would think.

Worth!:Thanks for the link.I would probably head to the produce section if I had one available.I would send my Sis,but she wouldn't know what to look for.

ChiliPeppa:I am going to be very interested to hear how your onions do for you.Interested to hear how you came upon I'itoi as well.

PNW D: That is quite an interesting link.I sooo wish I had found it sooner.A day late and a dollar short needs to b my new motto. Ha ha.

JLJ: I sure hope you are right about more potato onions becoming available.I am having a terrible time finding anything.Many seed sites only ship in the fall.That doesn't help me at all..

Zeedman: Those onions given to you by the Hmong gardeners may well be a real treasure.Guard them with your life.

Before I head over to look for some on Ebay..is there anywhere in particular that has bulbs (or seeds even) available for sale that anyone might recommend?I tried the link provided,but even the seed is sold out.I am in a bit of a pinch time wise after having been down with a health issue for a while,because the Sis is sending us some staples in just a week or so.

I very much appreciate the informative responses from everyone.

Last edited by Tropicalgrower; April 2, 2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Spelling...
Tropicalgrower is offline   Reply With Quote