View Single Post
Old January 4, 2008   #50
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by troad View Post
Alex,
I spoke with Linda at Sandhill today to inquire about 2008 prices. She said they had a lot of difficulties this past summer and 2 of the 3 tomatoes I asked about were not going to be available this year. She further stated there would be some explanation when the website is updated with 2008 prices. They may need support from some of us Fad growers here
On a good note Sandhill does have some beans I was reading about on a thread from Worth (i think) about Dragon Tongue beans. There called Dragon Langarie. The translator on Yahoo posts that is tongue in French. $2.50 per package.
The difficulties Linda referred to are spelled out quite clearly in the 2008 catalog which many have already received.

And as for Dragon Tongue beans, they are absolutely the best. Unlike conventional green and yellow beans one planting will last the season whereas with the others you should really be succession planting.

I'm in close contact with Linda and Glenn almost all of the time and I know many of the more popular tomato varieties that were wiped out last summer will be back for 2009, weather permitting and as always, some new ones; reminder to Carolyn to send them and TGS the best of her new ones for trial. Glenn can turn around a new variety on one season while Linda at TGS has to subcontract out and the wait is longer.

But with so many tomato varieties listed I'm sure folks will find subs that are great.

But get your orders sent in ASAP b'c if you wait, your wait for seeds goes up and up, as Glenn has clearly indicated in the catalog.