View Single Post
Old January 28, 2017   #101
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Carolyn something is rotten in Denmark with your house and electrical.
I remember you talking about this some time ago with lights not lasting long.
LED lights and CFL lights have electronics way beyond the common incandescent light.
An incandescent is just a glowing resistor more or less.

Is your house the only one running off the transformer on the pole.
If not do other people have the same problem off of it.
If so I would start looking at the voltage coming from it.
Is the voltage fluctuating low or high?
My guess it may be too high.
This may also be the reason for the fire from your charger in the work shop.
I have had the LED lights and CFL Lights in my house for years with no problems.
You can also check both sides of the phase coming in to see if they are the same.

The ballast?
If you have an incandescent running there should be no ballast.
If you are running dimmers that is your problem right there.
These CFL and LED lights dont take kindly to dimmers from what I have read.
I'm telling you now something is wrong somewhere and it isn't the lights.

Worth
I think we are the only ones on this side of the transformer. There is one on a pole in the middle of our property. It is for the shop and the house.
The flashlight was one of a series from a company which recalled the black housed lights but not the camouflaged lights... which had already caused several other fires. no intelligence on that if you ask me. they took responsibility for the loss.

When she said ballasts I was wondering if she meant the sockets and interchanged the terms? Shouldn't a cfl or an led just screw into the fixture with no issues? no updating the fixture? nor are there dimmers on the switches. Electricity and me... ain't. I leave that up to the electrition, my son or my husband. I get shocked just looking at the outlets. My Grandpa/ma had a freezer on a porch when I was a child. It was filled with Schwans icecream. there was no way in hades you were ever going to get me to touch that freezer. I got shocked everytime I reached for it. one day my aunt was opening it and touched my forehead with her elbow. Man! no one believed me that I got shocked until that happened. every watch I wore died the next day. I went through a few. everytime I get out of my van I get shocked closing the door.