View Single Post
Old December 14, 2016   #33
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

As young'ens, they are all cute - but so are puppies and kids. Unfortunately, not all dogs nor adults are so cute....... (Same with these)...

They are definitely PL, but on some of them it seems the leaves want to get bigger than the plant wants to be. Some of the leaves curl and twist themselves into weird shapes and positions. They often make it impossible to see into the main stem. I have a couple of the smallest of these remain a healthy looking plant and never put out a blossom. Any more, I make them show me a blossom before I move them out of the red cup into their final home. They do fine in a 5"-6" 1 1/2-2 qt. pot.

Some put out several sprays of blossoms from the knot of stems and leaves. The one I am hoping to replicate put a single main stem out the top that turned into an enormous canopy of 100s of blossoms. That became a canopy of purple fruit centered over the knot of leaves. The ones from which your seeds were saved had the canopy so well centered and balanced that it didn't need any support, even loaded with fruit.

I assume it was determinate, since it quit growing once it put out the canopy of blossoms. If I can get it to replicate, I'll call it "Canopy Purple"

Last edited by dfollett; December 14, 2016 at 06:45 PM.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote