View Single Post
Old June 30, 2011   #14
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

The sad situation of potato collectors is that we rarely have the same lists of heirloom potato varieties or even commercial potato varieties from another nation. Therefore, I am the wrong person to ask about other pink fleshed potatoes that may exist around the globe. That is the reason I create my own list of pink/red fleshed lines from what diversity I can get. Multiple years of breeding red fleshed lines to unrelated stocks allows me to further what could be available, especially as to TPS. I wish I had full access to each country's heirloom collection...including NZ.

Naturally, I would be happy if someone in NZ had ordered and will get a delivery from Koanga of some of the potato varieties listed on the following site.... The ordering is closed for now.

http://www.koanga.org.nz/shop/seeds/vegetables/potato

Maybe a small tuber of some of these could make their way to the USA?

I need to talk with John Bamberg of the Potato Introduction Station about getting some quarantined potatoes released from a request for the following..
Potato Arran Banner$10.00Out of Stock

Potato - Karoro $10.00Out of Stock
Potato - Kowiniwini$10.00Out of Stock
Potato - Maori$10.00Out of Stock
Potato - Matariki$10.00Out of Stock
Potato - Pink Fir$10.00Out of Stock
Potato - Urenika$10.00Out of Stock
Potato - Whataroa$10.00Out of Stock
Potatoes - Koanga Main Crop$10.00Out of Stock
Potatoes - Paraketia

Each of the above may be very well worth the time to grow but I am almost exclusively interested in getting them involved in broad genetic based crosses, and redistributed as TPS.

If someone like Medbury knows someone who has any of those....
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote