View Single Post
Old May 26, 2018   #1
bower
Tomatovillian™

Default suddenly multiple pests...

When I went to close up the greenhouse yesterday evening I discovered that aphids were suddenly all over the tomato plants. I had aphids on my greens earlier and moved them outdoors for that reason.
I snapped a few pics before crushing the ones I saw before dark, but as shown in the pic there are more critters than just aphids here. Not sure what the tiny white things are but I think they are thrips. Would not even notice them without my glasses on. But the populations of all of them seem to have exploded all at once.
I just spent the afternoon catching up on my pruning (big time) and also sprayed soap on affected leaves that weren't actually removed.
If anybody recognizes the various pests, please help with ID. I don't know if the soap is good enough to handle this situation, or what else to do. This is a job for my tiny spider crew, but they haven't shown up yet..
I did take a few more pics before the purge this afternoon but haven't looked at em yet to see if they came out any better.. darn tiny pests.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pest-explosion.JPG (243.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg pest-another.JPG (37.8 KB, 79 views)
bower is offline   Reply With Quote