View Single Post
Old June 15, 2018   #66
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

June 13th - 15th, 2018

I have been following my Gardening Strategy as outlined in the beginning of this site and it seems to be working out rather well, the only thing I haven't done is side dress with compost after the plants had flowered, but it wasn't needed.

• This Artichoke is jammed up in between the Spaghetti Squash and Bee Balm. Bee Balm is just starting to flower.

• This imperial star Artichoke is on the retaining wall in front of the fence.

• Artichoke with Rosemary, Blackberry, Marigolds and some unidentified plant I'm letting grow.

• Hugelkultur bed #2 Section #4

• Left Raised bed on hill

• Grapes, Raspberry, Swiss Chard

• Blueberries, Comfrey, Maypops, Hollyhock.

• Some random pictures of how I have been managing my new strategy, "nothing is removed" and "Interplanting". This would drive my Mom nuts! If there's a bare spot, I put something there like crimson clover, trimmed plants, bark, onions that sprouted etc...

Every now and then I'll dig in an old bagel, bread, some paper etc... I also add kraft packing paper, thin cardboard and tuck them in the back of the beds.

• Pond.

• Koi Pond Patio Planter with Leeks and a Gerbera Daisy. This is our Compromise planter, I wanted leeks, she wanted flowers.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote