Thread: juane flamme
View Single Post
Old July 19, 2014   #24
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
I need to give this one another chance I think. I grew it once and it completely underwhelmed me and I even gave my seeds away. Everyone else seems to love it so there must be something to it and I will have to have another go
Karen

You gave your seeds away?

I've kept every seed I ever saved since 1990.

Now you probably mean newish seeds in a packet, but the last seeds I ever tried to buy was in 1998 when that summer I grew out the varieties for photogaphy for my tomato book and found that my Dr. Carolyn seeds were AWOL.

I got them from Linda at TGS, and she refused to take money from me, but the intent was there, as thanks for all the varieties I'd sent her for trial.

Finally,just repeating that I loved Jaune Flammee from the first time I grew it which was, I think,in 1993,one of many....I just had to check sources in my book and yes, mine were from Norbert,b'c there were three others who also participated.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...e_Flamm%C3%A9e

Neil says he got seeds in 92 from Bill Minkey, another person who paricipated in that trade , so maybe JF was one he got and shared as we all did.

makes no difference, for all of us listed what we got in the SSE Yearbooks so others had access to them and I know that growing out all that were sent to me I sent many of the better ones to some seed companies for trial.

Carolyn