View Single Post
Old January 10, 2018   #15
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

The wall is really nice to sit on to pull a few weeds or just relax a few minutes while working outside. It did take a little work but not as much as it might appear. I did it by adding stones each year and then adding more compost to fill it up. So I started at the lowest spot and just leveled a small area at a time, like 3-4 feet long by 12 inches wide at a time. Then I stacked the rocks. No landscape fabric or gravel or anything behind it because I wanted to keep it simple. I think I only laid 2 levels of stones along the short side and half way along the long side the first year but it was an improvement. A new row of stones each year, no need to level or dig anything, just add them on top of the old ones. Nothing is cemented so if I want add more, I would just lift off the cap stones, stack another layer and put the top stones back on. Most of the work is done in the first year, but you can even stretch that over two years or more to make it easier. I usually have to work alone, so I take my time. Boy do I wish I had done the grass trim around the rocks before taking those pics, lol. I would like to at least give the illusion that my yard and garden are always pristine.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote