View Single Post
Old April 9, 2014   #21
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewayne mater View Post
Nice post RayR! i always appreciate support for opinions.

So, 12 hours before a light rain over a couple of hours time, I applied a mix of Organicide and Actinovate in amounts as directed on the packaging. So, I'm wondering if I should go right back and reapply, or alternate with a different product, such as Daconil. (or alternatively antifungals like copper mixed with mancozeb) My question really is, did the 12 hours of application time before rain of Organicide and Actinovate "take" or did they wash right into the ground? We look to be dry for a week or more now.

So far, insects aren't killing me, so I'm focused on disease.

Dewayne mater
I don't rightly know Dewayne, the Organicide being made of Sesame oil and fish oil sticks pretty well to the leaf surface. When I used it last season, it was hot and dry so I didn't see it under rain conditions. How tank mixing it with Actinovate works, I don't know either. I was thinking of alternating Actinovate and Organicide on some plants to see if the results are the same, better or worse than Actinovate alone.
Since you mentioned Daconil, I wondering if the Organicide would block Daconil from adhering to the leaf sites or even prevent a copper from adhering to the leaf well.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote