View Single Post
Old May 18, 2018   #164
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Vladimir, here's what's happening with me right now.

A local person named Rob has raised my tomato seedlings for me for many many years. He sent me an e-mail of his new wife in the church where they got married,her name is Anastatia.

He said he would be able to grow some seedlings for me for this summer,I packed up a lot of newer varieties,many from Shawn's and my seed offer in the Trade seed sub forum.

So what happened?

Rob never found the time to come and get seeds from me.

So what happened?

I had to find a place where they sell tomato PLANTS, I called the only two that were near me. I never thought that would happen, but Agway DBA as And J Enterprises had some Bonnie plants at $4/plant. Freda picked them up today and brought them up here, the plants look great but they won't go out until early June,weather permitting.

So here's what I was able to get,please cry with me.

Grape(Tami G)
Big Boy F1
Red Beefsteak Heirloom ( whatever that is)
Husky Cherry Red F1
Cherokee Purple
Big Beef F1
Juliet Roma Grape.

Yes, I know what each of them is except for that red heirloom one,but me growing so many F1's, but what choice do I have.

Now if Freda will only spray the foliage with Daconil when I ask her to do that, fertilize them when I tell her too, well,I'm asking a lot

No Bombeta,no multiflora's, when Rob first contacted me there would have been time to start with seeds, but it didn't happen b/c he's been so very busy getting his land converted so he can grow stuff there.His brother Michael lives nearby and has a huge commercial operation,lots of greenhouses and sells to restaurants,hotels, etc.

I ordered two of each, will give 4 to Dave,one of my mail delivery persons,since if it wasn't for him I would never have had any tomatoes last summer.

Rob is terrific at germinating seeds and raising seedlings, always brings too many, so Dave came up here with boxes twice and had lots of plants out last summer that did just great and brought fruits to me,thank heavens.

Carolyn,had she not ordered those plants, it would have been the first time in about 40 years that wherever she lived/worked, she always had tomato plants out somewhere that she raised from seeds she had sourced.