View Single Post
Old June 13, 2018   #5
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I sprayed with copper at the lower recommended rate a week ago. Yestuerday I spent my afternoon pruning, picking and inspecting my plants and saw no evidence of the blossoms I sprayed last week being affected. I did however find a few more stink bugs and a small amount of foliage disease. Not so bad considering days are in the nineties now with high humidity and we have had some rain showers the past week. I can’t believe I’ve not seen any gray mold on my black tomato varieties yet. I guess the regular copper and alternating daconil sprays have been doing a good job of prevention. Most years by mid May I am battling EB and GM along with a horde of pests. The only significant problem I have had so far is garden teeming with flea beetles. I have never seen them this numerous or had so much leaf damage from them. As pesky as they have been this season they are much easier to deal with than the usual pests and diseases that descend on my garden this time of the year. I know from long hard experience that this good luck streak will abruptly end so I got out early and sprayed again in hopes of keeping it going a bit longer.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote