View Single Post
Old May 14, 2018   #7
Shrinkrap
Tomatovillian™

My local Lowe's has 2.2 cubic foot Promix HP ( is that the consumer stuff?) for $25...or so they say!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/PRO-MIX-Pro-Mix/3745337

"This is a (n old) revew, and is consistent with what I have been buying for the last several years.

"Compressed Professional Soil Blend"
Review Rating 5 Stars Reviewed on 11/14/2012
Recommended
Keep in mind this bag is meant for professional landscapers, gardeners, and green house growers. It is a compressed bag that expands to 4.0 cubic feet of soil. The bag itself says 2.2 cu feet compressed. It does not have any added fertilizers which is great if you want to add your own soil amendments (ie. organic compounds). The mixture is highly porous so the soil drains quickly and allows more oxygen/ nutrients to be absorbed by the plant's roots. The drawback is that if you live in warmer climates be prepared to water more frequently. This soil can be used in hydroponic growing methods and is PH neutral. The soil is reusable if you rise thoroughly and then add it with your compost pile. It is expensive, but in my opinion it is worth the price. I use this mix from the seedling stage all the way to maturity."

It is not 3.3 cubic feet but it is not "loose" either.

The Pro Mix website says

"PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE
HP - high porosity

PRO-MIX HP, with its high perlite content, provides a growing environment which benefits growers looking for significant drainage capacity, increased air porosity and lower water retention. The added benefit of a fibrous peat moss and coarse perlite makes this formulation ideal for growers demanding a superior quality product adapted to their needs for watering flexibility and crop seasonality.

This bag (2.2 cu ft) is exclusively available at LOWE'S and HOME DEPOT."

The Lowe's my husband picked some up from in the next town says they said they won't be carrying it anymore.

Last edited by Shrinkrap; May 14, 2018 at 10:51 PM.
Shrinkrap is offline   Reply With Quote