View Single Post
Old June 2, 2016   #55
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
Lovin' it.

PureHarvest, How how many plants on how many gallons per day?

And....How much more do you anticipate to use with warming weather and fruiting?
Last year I used about 100 ounces per day when the plants were full grown,

During a couple of hot weeks I added a feeding at 6 am and one at 6 pm, so that added another 24 ounces.

Right now I am just manually running the pumps about every 2 or 3 days for about 15 minutes.

So for me, 15 minutes puts out 90 ounces (6 ounces per minute)

As they get bigger, I will set the timer to run the pumps every day for at least 15 minutes, probably more depending on heat.

Keep in mind I have 2 plant per bag in most cases, so I double the hydrofarm rec of 40-50 ounces per day used by a mature plant.
That is also an indoor rec, so outside with wind and heat it could easily be 60.
Basically I want to see a little fluid running out and wetting the ground below the bag after running the system.

I have 92 total bags. 36 of them are dwarfs, which are on a different pump and mainline than the full-size plants.
So you figure 92 x 100 (using the 50 ounces per plant rate) ounces is 9,200 ounces, which is about 72 gallons used per day. Granted the dwarfs wont get 100 ounces, but I sense the full-size will be higher than 100 soon enough.
I also recently bought small rolls of white plastic pallet wrap to wrap around the blag bags I started with the reflect the sun and keep the bags from baking. About half of my bags were white to start.

Last edited by PureHarvest; June 2, 2016 at 12:08 PM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote