View Single Post
Old July 22, 2020   #3
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Last year, I grew Cowhorn and Choppee. I was a novice okra grower. Both were great. The Cowhorn plants grew into giant plants and produced well. The Choppee also performed very well. It produced as good and probably better than the Cowhorns. I thought the Choppee okra was better for eating because it never produced the tough ribs that Cowhorn had after reaching four or five inches in length. I only planted Choppee this year by planting seed in the soil. They were a little slower producing okra than last year when I germinated them earlier in pots. My freezer is already full of as much okra as I will eat next winter and they are producing buds everywhere. I've given about as much away as people will want for this year. I've allowed more giant pods to develop for seed than I will need for the next five years. I hate to simply stop harvesting all of the okra, but the option may be to simply harvest and toss. I hate to waste good food.

I've eaten boiled okra and tomatoes as my lunch for the last three days. I hope I continue enjoying it.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote