View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013   #24
mari.beth
Tomatovillian™

This is a fabulous article. Thank you for sharing it!!

We have had an incredibly wet spring /summer so far. I am growing 15 tomato plants in raised beds. In one bed, the Amish Paste plant started out with what I think is Septoria Leaf Spot or blight (they do look similar as someone else commented above) and now several other plants are infected. In the other bed, the only hybrid I am growing, Sweet 100 (I think that is the name) started with something that looks slightly different (but still like any one of the diseases mentioned above - or it may just be because the leaves look very different). I also noticed what might be Blossom End Rot on a couple of tiny green Black Krims. I had some Greencure left over from last year when I grew tomato plants in 5-gallon buckets and had major fungus and BER problems. I sprayed the plants with Greencure today, but I just ordered a copper solution based on several things I have read tonight. I was wondering how long between treatments I should wait and if I should continue to vary the two products or just stick with the copper solution. Also, I have not fertilized for a couple of weeks and was planning on putting down some Tomatotone and adding another layer of straw mulch this week. I wonder if I should wait on doing those things. I have one Italian Heirloom that looks like it will be ripe in a few days and would hate to lose most of my other plants before I get to eat some tasty heirloom tomatoes!!! This is my first year with raised beds and only 3rd year growing tomatoes - I am frustrated that I am battling plant diseases and probably doing things all wrong!!! Any advice would be appreciated!
mari.beth is offline   Reply With Quote