View Single Post
Old April 13, 2018   #13
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Doug View Post
Here is an example of what I believe to be a 'blister' (for lack of a better word) caused by an edema (too much water). This is a close-up of one of your images you posted - it also appears that the veins close to that spot are raised and swollen:

The thing KDoug circled looks like an aphid to me - and that would explain the curling too.

I don't know anything about the blue stuff ferts so I can't comment on that.

The lower leaf issues look to me like it's too damp, and not enough light. I would definitely open the curtain if there's a window, and give them some sun and natural light. Also spread them out a bit more and give them air, or just cut your losses and be prepared to remove those lower leaves if you have to keep them crowded together a bit longer. It is better to remove anything funky looking IMO, a dead leaf for any reason is just a hotel for trouble.

Don't know if you're having a late (or lousy!) spring like so many others. I know if I found aphids indoors, I'd want to put the plants straight out the door. Sometimes it's harder on the pests than it is on the plants (here that's the rule, anyway). If it doesn't freeze, the Whiskeyjacks would likely survive (and straighten out, hopefully! Okay, wishful but.. you never know ).
bower is offline   Reply With Quote