View Single Post
Old June 5, 2016   #6
bower
Tomatovillian™

Default Winter Sky F3

As with the Kitten Paws, the next generation of Winter Sky is telling me that the dark green colour in the F2 immature fruit was resulting to some extent from a gf allele, in this half-Beta orange red heart selection from Zolotoe Serdtse X Indian Stripe. Among the early flowering there is one with a distinctly black type flower. My pictures from last year suggest that the Beta colour shows in the anthers early on, at least as a high intensity warm yellow - I will have to wait for more flowers to open to verify the Beta stages. I'm hoping to find a full Beta/Beta determinate among this year's seven plants, but pretty excited to see a black whether it has Beta in the mix or not.
Earliness is closer to being fixed in this line, with 5 of 7 plants flowering at 49-53 days.
Height differences at flower are also being watched here. In the F2, a "tall" turned out to have the sp/sp semideterminate growth habit. Winter Sky was a short one.
The flower of the earliest is shown below, a typical beta (?or red) type, and the flower I expect to be a black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg is-WS-F3-1.JPG (314.7 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg is-WS-F3-yellowanthers.JPG (140.0 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by bower; June 5, 2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: forgot the photos!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote